Premed 101 Forums

How Do You Release Mcat Scores?

sjc2

I can't for the life of me figure out how to release MCAT scores to Canadian universities. The AAMC website references a Score Reporting System but doesn't link to it, and when I googled it I was brought to a general login and I can't find the score reporting system anywhere! Can anyone help??

I can't for the life of me figure out how to release MCAT scores to Canadian universities. The AAMC website references a Score Reporting System but doesn't link to it, and when I googled it I was brought to a general login and I can't find the score reporting system anywhere! Can anyone help??

Login to the MCAT system: https://services.aamc.org/30/scoreReportingWeb , then under the 'My Reports' tab click 'Send Scores Electronically'. You can then select the institutions to release the scores to, all Ontario schools are under OMSAS. 

Login to the MCAT system: https://services.aamc.org/30/scoreReportingWeb , then under the 'My Reports' tab click 'Send Scores Electronically'. You can then select the institutions to release the scores to, all Ontario schools are under OMSAS. 

When do you have to do that by? (like is there a lag time between your clicking the button and the scores actually being released?)

For ex. OMSAS needs MCAT scores by Oct 1, and so... do you do that after you write your test? Or... when?

When do you have to do that by? (like is there a lag time between your clicking the button and the scores actually being released?)

For ex. OMSAS needs MCAT scores by Oct 1, and so... do you do that after you write your test? Or... when?

I believe it takes just a couple of business days.

I believe it takes just a couple of business days.

Oh ok cool, so if you write on say a day in Sept, can you do so after writing it? or do you have to wait a few weeks for your MCAT marks to even be "ready" before you can request to have the scores released to OMSAS?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dredge up an older post but my paranoia is getting the best of me, to confirm:

If you are applying to an Ontario school all you need to do is submit your application to 'Ontario Medical School Application Service' correct? (Since I couldn't find the Ontario schools listed there anyways)

Releasing Your Scores to OMSAS

Each year that you apply, contact the AAMC and request that they release your MCAT scores to OMSAS (no earlier than July 15, 2015). The Ontario medical schools require full disclosure of all MCAT score results.

If you wrote the July, August or September 2014 MCAT, wait until your scores are made available before requesting their release to OMSAS. All scores must be released to OMSAS by November 1, 2015.

The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify you if they do not receive your MCAT scores by November 1, 2015.

Note: The medical schools are aware that you may not have received the results of the September writings of the MCAT prior to the October 1, 2015, OMSAS application deadline. Fees will not be refunded for choices dropped because the MCAT results did not meet eligibility requirements set by the medical schools.

So does this mean that after my score is released in October, I can go back on the OMSAS app and somehow submit my mcat score?

On the OMSAS app I believe there is  section where you can input your AAMC ID Number as well as the month you took the test in so once you release it from the AAMC site OMSAS will match up the scores so don't think you have to do anything on OMSAS after Oct 1st relating to the MCAT. That's my understanding at least.  

Releasing Your Scores to OMSAS

Each year that you apply, contact the AAMC and request that they release your MCAT scores to OMSAS (no earlier than July 15, 2015). The Ontario medical schools require full disclosure of all MCAT score results.

If you wrote the July, August or September 2014 MCAT, wait until your scores are made available before requesting their release to OMSAS. All scores must be released to OMSAS by November 1, 2015.

The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify you if they do not receive your MCAT scores by November 1, 2015.

Note: The medical schools are aware that you may not have received the results of the September writings of the MCAT prior to the October 1, 2015, OMSAS application deadline. Fees will not be refunded for choices dropped because the MCAT results did not meet eligibility requirements set by the medical schools.

So does this mean that after my score is released in October, I can go back on the OMSAS app and somehow submit my mcat score?

On the OMSAS app I believe there is  section where you can input your AAMC ID Number as well as the month you took the test in so once you release it from the AAMC site OMSAS will match up the scores so don't think you have to do anything on OMSAS after Oct 1st relating to the MCAT. That's my understanding at least.  

Ok, so you can only input the AAMC Id number on your OMSAS application... after your MCAT results have come out right? Say you wrote it on Sept 12... you can't go and do that like just 2 weeks after your test writing date then. Right?

Also, you go into your OMSAS app page and do the above after you've already applied. (I guess thats obvi, as apps are due Oct 1, and if you wrote on Sept 12, your MCAT score is likely to come out after Oct 1...)?

I wrote on the 12th but I've already input my AAMC ID Number. Since apps are due today don't think you can go back in and input it. Once the scores do come out my understanding is that OMSAS will match them up.....they ask for the month in which we wrote so I'm assuming they know that the scores aren't ready now even though we've put the ID number 

Archived