Premed 101 Forums

Can You Not Use Grad Degrees?

I know I'm in the minority by asking this, but any way to NOT have your grad course marks included for U of C weighing?

I read their manual, seems you'd have your grad year(s) subbed in for undergrad year(s). This obviously helps most applicants tremendously, but not in my case. Do you know if it's a "oh hey if it's helpful, we'll do this for you" a supposed to a "you did a grad degree? oh hell yes, those marks are counted."

Thanks everyone. 

I know I'm in the minority by asking this, but any way to NOT have your grad course marks included for U of C weighing?

I read their manual, seems you'd have your grad year(s) subbed in for undergrad year(s). This obviously helps most applicants tremendously, but not in my case. Do you know if it's a "oh hey if it's helpful, we'll do this for you" a supposed to a "you did a grad degree? oh hell yes, those marks are counted."

Thanks everyone. 

Graduate school grade inflation combined with the fact that you should be rising to the challenge means that it will be included, without question.

The fact that your entire graduate grade will only weigh one year should mitigate significant hits to your GPA.

I'd be more concerned about why your GPA is LOWER after doing a graduate degree... especially since it's expected that you smarten up with your recent grades.

Especially if graduate schools grades are your most recent ones, the short answer is no... you're just gonna have to take the hit on the chin.

- G

Archived