Premed 101 Forums

OOP letters not sent yet

Guest smiets

Guest smiets

I just learned from the admissions office that the OOP letters have not yet been sent, they hope to have them out by the beginning of next week. It's a drag but I thought people would like to know.

Guest pinkgal

Thanks for the update! I've been stalking the mail guy for a week now and I think I'm starting to scare him. At least I know not to bother him till at least Tues.

Guest coconutgiver

are you sure that none of the letters have been sent out? I have heard that some people have already received their letters. maybe they have sent out the rejections, but not the acceptances ...

Guest 007

coconutgiver, in province letters have been sent out on a rolling basis for a while now. Perhaps that's what you've been hearing about.

Thanks for the update smiets. I can relax for another week. :)

Guest thomas

Can anyone give us an update? Have the final letters been sent to the OOP applicants? An earlier post said that letters would be sent early this week.

Guest hellermk

spoke to the office today and they said that letters still hadn't been sent out yet, but will definitely go out this week. My guess is later rather than earlier.

Guest saffron

I emailed Marilyn at the admissions office yesterday, and she said that all non maritime letters had been mailed the day before (Tuesday). They should start arriving any day now...

Guest jenstar

I received a rejection letter today :( ... I tooked at the postage and it was dated on Tuesday so you should be receiving your letters soon!

I hope the best for you guys!

Guest MikeD

Just mustered up the guts to call home (London, ON) and found out I'm in. Woo-hoo! I'm ecstatic!

Best of luck to everone else!

Guest pinkgal

Did you receive a rejection letter or are you just low on the rank list? I thought at this point we couldn't get rejected.

I'm in Ontario, no letter for me yet....guess I'm waiting till mon!

Guest saffron

jenstar,

I'm also curious to know if you got straight out rejected as an OOP. I too was under the impression that all OOP applicants were at least waitlisted after the interview. Last year I think I was number 32 and didn't end up getting in. Still waiting for my letter in London, Ontario...

S

Guest stepstofollow
From Ontario but was considered to be in the Maritime pool (my parents live in Halifax)...

I don't think Jen was in the OOP pool, based on what she posted in the other thread.

Jenstar, I 'm so sorry you did not get accepted at Dal THIS year. Apply again! You have an excellent back ground.

Guest thomas

Wow, it is agonizing to read these posts. Three people have gotten acceptance letters. Congratulations to you. I hope to be sharing in your joy shortly. I'll be going home for lunch hoping the mail has arrived. I'll keep all you OOPs posted.

Cheers

Hey thomas,

I know your agony. When I checked Friday night, the previous two posters had gotten in, so I felt my chances of getting an acceptance were significantly less. When I got home on Saturday and received the letter I felt a bit like Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory slowly peeling back the chocolate wrapper to find the fifth golden ticket. I hope you get good news in the next day or so.

Guest michca

Hi everyone:

I received my lovely letter from Dal on Friday informing me that I was number 3 on the waitlist (so close, but yet, so far!).

Right now,I' m not really sure whether to get excited or not. :rolleyes

I am super excited that I made it that high on the list- I think it's great that Dal lets you know your position on the waitlist.

But..the waitlist just means more waiting!!!

I really liked Dal when I came to visit, so I hope at least 3 of you lucky admitted people decide to go somewhere else :b ;)

Anyway, I suppose the waitlist won't move really until OMSAS results come out the end of May right?

Come on, waitlist!!!!

Michca.

P.S. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Guest pinkgal

Still no letter!

Finally called today. They told me I was on the waitlist, but they wouldn't tell me where. I am generally a patient person, but not this patient - this is getting ridiculous!

Guest JewelLeigh

Hey folks :)

Just to give you an idea...the wait list for OOP applicants moves a lot (position 20-something last year was what I heard) so I'm sure you'll be getting good news at the end of the month!

Lots of luck!

JL

Guest thomas

Hi 007, I quietly slipped out of work to go home for lunch, only to find no mail had arrived. But as I ate my sandwich the boots of the mailman could be heard in the distance, followed by the sweet sound of the mail slot opening. I dashed to the door, ripped the letter open only to be greeted by more waiting. That's right, I'm lucky number 7 on the waitlist.

I'm cautiously optimistic, as the letter says that on average Dalhousie takes from 9 to 11 people from the waitlist.

Dalhousie is my top choice, i've got a couple of good friends already going there, so I can only hope that all those excellent applicants ahead of me choose to study medicine at other schools.

Who knows maybe we'll be classmates in September

Cheerio

Thomas

Guest keltok

Well, everyone can move up one spot on the waitlist. I'm number one on it, and I'll be accepting an offer to UBC (I'm a Vancouverite). Good luck all, Dal seemed like a great school! :D

Guest Enigma

Has anyone not heard from Dalhousie yet? I'm not sure whether I just haven't heard because mail is slow to be delivered to the country, or whether I should call and reconfirm my summer address.

i still haven't heard, nor has the girl I work with, and we both live in the south end of Halifax so it's not the mail. Keep on waiting.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to confirm your address if you have not heard in a few weeks though, they sent the decision to the wrong address for me last year.

Archived