Premed 101 Forums

Western Rc Minimum Score?

Pretty sure minimum was 19..

On their website it states "For the past several years, a score of 18/30 or higher has been required, in combination with competitive academic grades in applicants’ two most competitive years. This minimum score on the DAT is subject to change depending on the quality of the applicant pool in the given cycle." Source: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/future_students/doctor_of_dental_surgery_dds/admission/admission_requirements.html

But I just got a friend to double check his rejection this past year and it states it was 19/30. So i guess they are just lazy to update the website

No, the website is correct. It says "a score of 18/30 or higher" has been required, plus the minimum score on the DAT is "subject to change depending on the quality of the applicant pool".

Yea I'm saying they should still update that since it's misrepresenting how competitive admissions is now. Competition only goes up year by year. Either way, just aim for the highest score you can possibly get, I think 20 or 21 should be a comfortable number.

If you score anything less than an 18 on the RC section you will not meet the cut off and that basically means automatic rejection. My understanding is that since last year enough applicants with an RC score of 19 and higher applied they did not feel the need to grant interviews to anyone with a score of 18.

Aim for a 20 and higher and you should be fine, I know it sounds easier said than done but with a little bit of practice and luck it is possible!

Archived