Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Dental Admission

Hello! I was skimming through the UBC Dentistry Application & noticed that it asks you to list extra-curricular activities/awards/employment. I'm not sure if this is a new addition or not! I always thought that UBC Dentistry only considered one's DAT + GPA--does this mean that non-academic history is also a deciding factor for applicants?! Thank you so much!!

I hope that's true ^ Also, let's say if you apply this October, do you know if the average of this current term will be factored in? Or, is it just the average of past years? 

Only the GPA (in %) from past years is used.  They use the transcript that you provide for them by Oct 16, which would only have the marks for past academic years (not the marks in the year that you're applying in).

Sorry to hijack this thread, didn't want to add a new topic..but I've been working on the application and I'm a bit confused about uploading our transcript online. I'm a UBC student currently, do I upload a document of my grades taken from ssc? Also, online it states that "UBC students applying to Dentistry are not required to submit an official UBC transcript" so I don't need to order a transcript and send anything? I'm a bit late with the application and have become a bit paranoid.

I too was confused and emailed the admissions office. No need to request an official transcript as a UBC student - they have access to this. For the application however, download a copy of your unofficial transcript from ssc (I think when you click on print there's an option to save a copy as a pdf). This will suffice for the copy to be uploaded on the application. Hope that helps!

I don't think so. I emailed ubc and got this automated response:

"Applicants for the DMD program - we ask that you be patient when checking your online checklist.  Items received will be checked off as soon as they are processed, DAT's will be checked off later, quite possibly after the deadline date. We appreciate your patience at this very busy time.  Please note, we do not accept documents via fax or email. All documents must be mailed to the address listed below on my signature."

I wrote mine in Feb 2015 as well and mine hasn't been checked off yet either so I'm assuming it will be checked off later

Archived