Premed 101 Forums

Nov Dat Rock Keyholes!?!

I've been surfing other predent forums and it seems new this year the American DAT has been having these rock like keyholes on the PAT that they've never had before. 

Has this come up on the Canadian DAT before? Apparently it kind of looks like a crumpled piece of paper and has a bunch of jutting edges that look like a rock face. Anybody have any info / tips for this?

I've been surfing other predent forums and it seems new this year the American DAT has been having these rock like keyholes on the PAT that they've never had before. 

Has this come up on the Canadian DAT before? Apparently it kind of looks like a crumpled piece of paper and has a bunch of jutting edges that look like a rock face. Anybody have any info / tips for this?

We don't have those on the Canadian DAT to my knowledge and we likely won't be getting it. If we did, they would have made an update not he CDA website.

We don't have those on the Canadian DAT to my knowledge and we likely won't be getting it. If we did, they would have made an update not he CDA website.

Thanks for the response, but I don't think they would make an announcement that there will be a new shape in keyholes. It's not like its a new section of the PAT, its just a unique shape.

Actually, I believe there were some rock keyholes on 2014 cDAT.

Noted, it seems like there's a good chance of it showing up.

Actually, I believe there were some rock keyholes on 2014 cDAT.

No there weren't. I wrote the November 2014 Canadian DAT and after looking at the DatGenius's rock problems i'm 100% i'm confident I didn't see any so I don't know where you are making this stuff from. If you don't believe me go through the old 2014 DAT threads someone would have pointed them out. So you guys need to remember we are not writing the American DAT, they aren't the same exam. Could they add them? Yes, but so far they haven't.

msuneong

Great resource thanks for pointing it out, only thing it took me FOREVER to load the question and answer.

Edit: Nvm now it's working fine haha. 

Just went 5/5 on the rock keyhole questions posted above.

:cool:

HOW! Those questions were hard for me :S There are so many faces. I got a 19 and a 20 on the first and second DATgenius PAT practice test, and 19, 19 on the first two DATbootcamp PAT practice, so I'm feeling OK for PAT. Just hope I don't get rocks :S

HOW! Those questions were hard for me :S There are so many faces. I got a 19 and a 20 on the first and second DATgenius PAT practice test, and 19, 19 on the first two DATbootcamp PAT practice, so I'm feeling OK for PAT. Just hope I don't get rocks :S

I wish I knew. I've never seen questions like that before. I am not pursuing dentistry or writing the DAT. Just stumbled into this thread. I found that some of the answer choices could immediately be eliminated and other than that you just have to try to imagine rotating the shape in your mind in order to get an idea of what the other sides would look like. That's how I approached it.  :wacko:

Good luck!

I wish I knew. I've never seen questions like that before. I am not pursuing dentistry or writing the DAT. Just stumbled into this thread. I found that some of the answer choices could immediately be eliminated and other than that you just have to try to imagine rotating the shape in your mind in order to get an idea of what the other sides would look like. That's how I approached it.  :wacko:

Good luck!

Exactly I don't see why anyone should worry. All the options can be removed easily by a process of elimination, it's literally the same difficulty level as any other PAT question imo and you gotta treat it the same way as any other question.

• 1 month later...

Fir future generation's knowledge - there were  in fact 4-5 rock keyholes on the Nov DAT I wrote today. Hopefully this thread helped PM101'ers! 
Also, angles and pattern folding were easier than practice tests, TFE was about the same, as were cube counting and hole punching (which both were straight forward). 

Time to relax, will type up some more once my brain has a chance to chill.

I think they should fire all dentists because I'm sure most of them would not know how to visualize those "rock keyholes" and I'm also sure that you can never be a good dentist without being able to visualize those stupid figures.

Hehe. 

Yeah, same with hole punching. Any dentist who isn't doing hole punch practice on their breaks isn't really investing themselves in their practice. 

Archived