Premed 101 Forums

Help! *currently Outstanding* Reference Letter On Omsas?

One of my references is still listed as currently outstanding so I have contacted OMSAS by phone and they said all letters should be submitted into the system now. She put me on hold a few times and as of right now are unable to locate my letter. They have requested that I ask my referee to send an email with PDFs of the completed referee form and reference letter, and to submit a SAM with supporting documentation that my letter was sent on time, etc. I have done that and included tracking numbers of both my xpresspost envelopes and a photo of the envelopes. She was unable to tell me whether my application has been sent off to universities and it is now up to me to figure out how each deals with "late" letters.

One referee was sent by regular mail and received successfully. Two were sent by Xpresspost and tracking shows that both were successfully delivered and signed (name omitted) on Oct 1st at 12:01PM. One is marked as received, the other is currently outstanding. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of circumstance? I am obviously quite concerned whether my app has been submitted to schools yet, and how each of my schools will respond to a "late" letter that was obviously received on time, and somehow misplaced. Of course I am understanding about the vast amount of letters received, and that this is something that must happen every once in a while. Anyone have any advice?
I have applied to UWO, Queens, Ottawa, U of T and Mac this cycle.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived