Premed 101 Forums

What is everyone doing this summer?

Guest CaesarCornelius

Guest CaesarCornelius

I think the subject says it all. But I thought since we haven't had that much activity here for awhile we might share what we're doing with the last 4 weeks of summer??!?!?

Me, im the DalCard guy right now. I print ID's, yes, I print ID's. Its a pretty laid back kind of position with decent pay. Im glad that I am not doing research, as I was sick to death with it and I believe that there is more in store for me in the future. Perhaps I will enjoy clinical research much more than non-clinical-rat-and-mouse research.

OTher than that, Im getting married in 3 days!! Yikes! Im not as nervous as I thought I would be but I imagine on the day of the wedding Ill be feeling it. This means, unfortunately, that I won't be able to drop the med-bomb on any hotties, but I guess I could repeatedly drop it on my lady..:) hahah "hey baby, Im in med school." "DAMMIT! HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT! I KNOW ALREADY!!"

Cheers

CC

Guest eJaya

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Have a wonderful day!!!!!!

I wish I was the DalCard girl! I've been writing my thesis- done (Phewff), writing a paper- not done :\ , planning my U-Haul back to NS :D , and trying to go out every night for a drink :hat

I'm leaving TO on the 16th so I have to get everything done before then. Then after a quick move in (mattress on the floor, toothbrush, etc), I'm going around the Cabot Trail and taking in the sites of home with my boyfriend before orientation.

I wish I could drop the med bomb on him...I don't think men work like that

;)

Guest dr octopus

Taking my time and enjoying the last few weeks of freedom. Barbecues, cottages...good times.

Oh yeah - and still deciding where I'm going in the fall...eep.

Hope the wedding went well, CC...I know the weather wasn't so hot.

Dr.O

Guest CaesarCornelius

The wedding went great! Even though it was raining (yes I know it is supposed to be good luck) I think it would have been too hot in the boat club if it was really sunny out. The photographer said that the lighting was perfect for really clear pictures without shawdows. It was short and sweet, just perfect. I will be receiving pictures soon (there were about 50 million cameras there) and I could bring a few to show you guys at orientation...

Listen here Dr.Octo, You ARE comming to Dal, there is no other option.

1) Dal is medlicious.

2) Isn't there a special someone who lives here? ;)

3) You don't want to live in ontario (no ocean).

4) You don't want to live on the rock.

5) I go to dal.

So you see, you really do not have any options at all besides comming to dal.

Im glad I could be of service.

See you in the fall.

CC

p.s. This is merely a joke post, please do not send me hate email regarding my comments about ontario and the rock, im sure they are perfectly nice places to live.

pp.ss. Let us know what you do decide to do in the end.

Guest dr octopus

Ladies and Gentlemen, Esteemed Members of the Press,

I thank you for joining me here today. I have called this press conference to announce my intention to run for the position of Governor of California in the upcoming election for the recall of Gray Davis.

But seriously....

To end the suspense, I've (finally) decided that I will be attending Dalhousie for med school. After much thought and reflection, I realized that I am a Maritimer and Haligonian at heart; I realized that this is where, and where I want to, call home; I realized that there is little point moving somewhere else when the place I love is here.

So, see you all in about 1.5 weeks...yikes.

Yours in Dalhizzle,

Dr.O

Guest CaesarCornelius

:rollin Yay!! :rollin

I guess you could no longer ignore my sound logic and reasoning skills.

See you in a week and a half!

ALOHA!!!

Archived