Premed 101 Forums

Reference For Pharmacy Waterloo

medhopeful2015

I was just wondering if I would still have a good chance at getting an interview at Waterloo for Pharmacy even if my reference letter was not from a pharmacist, physician or nurse. I feel that the reference I am considering knows my abilities and personality very well and could better talk about me and my experiences. He also taught my pharmacology, presented me with the pharmacology award and has supervised me in a variety of activities so he knows me in both an academic and a social setting.

My average is 92% and I have quite a bit of relevant experience. Has anyone here gotten into pharmacy without a pharmacist, nurse or physician as a reference?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!! :)

I talked to an admissions person at a career/ed. fair last year and they said although its desierable, it's not mandatory to get in because they understand not everyone has that opportunity. It seemed that they cared more about having at least some real work experience (they stressed NOT NSERC, which I get because they are sending you on co-op and they don't want people who have never been truly accountable for hours before), then specific pharm letters or jobs

And I'm sure your grades will get you in, to be honest

I talked to an admissions person at a career/ed. fair last year and they said although its desierable, it's not mandatory to get in because they understand not everyone has that opportunity. It seemed that they cared more about having at least some real work experience (they stressed NOT NSERC, which I get because they are sending you on co-op and they don't want people who have never been truly accountable for hours before), then specific pharm letters or jobs

And I'm sure your grades will get you in, to be honest

Thank you so much sunnyy, that's really helpful! :)

Archived