Premed 101 Forums

Very Shocking

rupchatt

How about blaming the people who put such a high price tag on the drug instead of blaming the government for not funding the drug for everyone?

The government is not neglecting the lives of Canadians on the verge of death, it is actually funding the drug for the people who need it the most. This is similar to Canada's triage system in ERs.

As for refugees receiving dental care.. etc., I would like to say that Canada is one of the few countries that provides free health care (for the most part) to its citizens. It just takes time, but eventually, everyone who needs care will receive it in Canada. Are you aware of how many people go bankrupt in other countries because of medical treatments?

Refugees are given hotel rooms because they just arrived here. I'm sure they won't be living in hotel rooms permanently. Where else should they go as soon as they arrive?

As someone else mentioned earlier, it is all a balance. You can't expect Canada to fund all surgeries, drug therapies, and medical treatments for every single Canadian before helping out others in need.

Do you suggest that one can only define emotion to helping people in war torn countries? The moral and legal responsibility of the government is to save its own people (Canadians) before helping other countries...

I find it cruel, unfathomable - (there is a lack of both emotion and decision making) on the liberal governments part to neglect the lives of 22,000 Canadians on the verge of death and spending 1.2 billion $ on refugee resettlement.

The refugees were also provided dental care services (No Canadians get this), priority access to health care (no Canadian gets it), given hotel rooms (no Canadian immigrant gets it). This is enquity. Everyone should have same access to care.

I am not against helping countries in need or refugees but Canada is not in a position to help. This is similar to letting your siblings die in the street of hunger while adopting other children from war torn countries then claiming how nice and altruistic you are. ..

It was an admittedly overly subtle and overly sarcastic joke that alludes to some very specific, not necessarily well known research.

I was referring to the tendency of socially conservative voters to revert to fear based reasoning while virtually abandoning logic based decision making.

Archived