Premed 101 Forums

Lost Letter Of Recommendation?

Hi verde,

My experience last year was that opras was very slow in processing reference letters. Mine (and if you look back on this board, others as well) were still marked as 'not received' past the final acceptance date. I called, and was told they are working their way through the pile and IF it was at their office, it was considered within the accepted time frame.

My advice is to call them. They will likely tell you they are backed up.

Hope this helps :)

Hi verde,

My experience last year was that opras was very slow in processing reference letters. Mine (and if you look back on this board, others as well) were still marked as 'not received' past the final acceptance date. I called, and was told they are working their way through the pile and IF it was at their office, it was considered within the accepted time frame.

My advice is to call them. They will likely tell you they are backed up.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the input! This puts my mind at ease a little :) I'll be definitely calling ORPAS tomorrow.

I spoke to ORPAS today and I was told that due to the holiday season, there might be a delay and I should keep monitoring my status online. I thought mail delivery usually takes 3-4 business days, but it's been almost a month (the letter was sent on Nov 26)! My referee is also out of office until January 4th so I am starting to freak out a little :( I've never lost anything in the mail, so I hope it gets to ORPAS soon!

Last year I had something similar happen with ORPAS. If it hasn't shown up as being received by January 4th I would get your reference to send it again but this time by express post so that you can track it. I am pretty sure that last year they didn't get through the mail until the end of the January so you should be okay.

Archived