Premed 101 Forums

Ot Job Prospects

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody can comment or provide some feedback about the OT job market in Ontario or Canada overall? I  have strong interests in the field but I've heard it's quite difficult to land an OT job, especially a full time one in Ontario due to the vast amount of OT's already practicing. I know other provinces are hiring for more positions but my preferences are to stay at least in Ontario 

Hi, I am a BC resident and I have checked hospital sites for OT job postings and there are many casual OT positions. BC has a large number of seniors and there is a big demand for OTs in senior healthcare, especially mental health. I job shadowed OTs in hospitals and one OT told me that the majority of OTs in hospital start as casual and once they become hospital staff they have access to internal postings. It's mostly seniority based and mental health settings is the easiest way into hospitals, if you are interested in working in hospitals. There are demands for OTs in privet practice aswell!

Archived