Premed 101 Forums

Dat Score Inflation?

Is it just me or was this year's DAT scores extremely high? I used to think a 20 in a category is decent and would be competitive but now it seems like everyone has a 20 or higher. I took a look at the DAT score scale and the majority of students actually fall between 19-21. Which is really confusing to me because there's no way that there's enough spots for all the students. Was this year an anomaly?

The 2015 NOV DAT was my first sitting of the test. I barely studied and I was well aware that I was getting wrecked during every section. When my scores came out, I was pleasantly surprised but then I looked at the scale and realized that I was still below average (well below for some sections) on most of the sections... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure the DAT scores will be analyzed based on test date. Having, for example, a 23 PAT score on the 2015 November test date is 94th percentile while a 22 PAT Score is about 99th percentile in the year prior. By this logic the applicant that scored a 22 score in the November 2014 Test date is in better standing.

Pretty sure the DAT scores will be analyzed based on test date. Having, for example, a 23 PAT score on the 2015 November test date is 94th percentile while a 22 PAT Score is about 99th percentile in the year prior. By this logic the applicant that scored a 22 score in the November 2014 Test date is in better standing.

Unfortunately, percentile context is not considered when schools evaluate your DAT score :/

I don't think so because the dat score scale sheet says that the scores are directly comparable across years.

Archived