Premed 101 Forums

Ib Credit And Pre-Req

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if IB bio HL credit is counted as 3 or 6 credit by the admissions office? I have not taken the credit from my school so it's not on my university transcript.  The admissions office from Ottawa said that's fine as long as I post my IB transcript on OMSAS but I'm not sure if it'll be considered 3 or 6

Thanks everyone!

Wait if you didn't take the credit. Didn't you have to do the courses anyways in bio? I did IB HL bio. And McGill credited it as 6 because I was exempted from the first two intro bio courses. If I hadn't taken it then I would have to do both classes.

I guess it was a bit easier because McGill credited it as 6 on my transcript. But I think you should be fine. There has to be standardization on these things anyways

@roro2555 I didn't take the ib credit because I had to take other bio courses, but they are not considered for ottawa's bio prereq (which is why i need to use my Ib credit). I wonder if just OMSAS considers it 6 credits or smth cuz i'll just have to say "refer to IB transcript" for bio prereq.

Archived