Premed 101 Forums

Basic Life Support Level C

Guest novacanuck

Guest novacanuck

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if ya'll had your BLS Level C yet, and if not where and when were u planning to get it. If any of you live in South Western Nova I'm pretty sure they'll be offering it sometime soon at Universite Sainte-Anne in Church Point. I just thought some of you would like to know.

Later everyone,

Have a rockin' summer,

Ben

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey Novacanuk,

I will probably catch the next St.John ambulance wave of BLS level C... We have to have it before school starts right??

I am anxiously awaiting the welcome package.

CC

Guest novacanuck

Hey CC,

Yeah, from what I understand we should have it before school starts. I've never taken it before but I'm sure that it's a breeze. I had my nationals in lifeguarding and I think it's similar to that with a few more details...

Later,

Ben

Guest BCgirl

Hey guys,

for those of you that are in Halifax, do you know if St. John Ambulance is the only way of getting certified in the Halifax? I've been looking into it, and there's a class on the 22nd of August (in Dartmouth). I was hoping for something earlier... but I can't seem to find who else offers the course around here.

Guest CaesarCornelius

I found a course with the StJohn Ambulance on a weekend:

1159 16 Aug 2003 (Sat)

17 Aug 2003 (Sun) 08:30

16:30 Open

There were other courses earlier, but they were during the week.

$75 dollars.

I can't figure out how to sign up though!?!?!

CC

Guest BCgirl

Hey CC,

The earlier courses include first aid training with the level C certification. I decided not to do that because it's more expensive and takes 2 days instead of just one, but it's offered earlier and more often.

It's $50 for the level C course only... there's also a student discount, so it comes to $42.50.

You register by calling St. John Ambulance (464-5302).

Guest BCgirl

CC,

I think that we just need the level C certification (I tried calling the Admissions office to find out, but the answer wasn't exactly clear).

Any current Dal students know for sure?

Archived