Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Dentistry Interview Invites

Did anyone else receive an interview on April 10th? I'm really confused because in a previous email, they stated "Interviews will be conducted at the Faculty of Dentistry on Saturday, April 2nd and Sunday, April 3rd, 2016." 

Have they changed their April 3rd date to April 10th? That's kind of unfair :(

Sunday April 10 is my interview date as well. I wonder if UofT is aware that Saturday April 9 and Sunday April 10 are UWO interview days..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else receive an interview on April 10th? I'm really confused because in a previous email, they stated "Interviews will be conducted at the Faculty of Dentistry on Saturday, April 2nd and Sunday, April 3rd, 2016." 

They are having interviews on both weekends now: "Should you wish to accept this offer, please present yourself at the Faculty of Dentistry, 124 Edward Street, Toronto, during the weekends of April 2nd and April 10th, 2016 at the following time..."

Ya that's pretty unfair considering Western interviews are scheduled to be April 9th and 10th.

They are having interviews on both weekends now: "Should you wish to accept this offer, please present yourself at the Faculty of Dentistry, 124 Edward Street, Toronto, during the weekends of April 2nd and April 10th, 2016 at the following time..."

Ya that's pretty unfair considering Western interviews are scheduled to be April 9th and 10th.

hey, how do you know these dates? maybe western would also move their date or they would acknowledge UofT's dates when they send out interview dates.

does this mean that more people are invited for interview this year, since there are 4 datess

Actually, I think that it is only 2 dates: Saturday April 2 and Sunday April 10. Note how they state weekends of April 2 and April 10, not April 9 which would be the Saturday. Maybe someone can confirm that they have an interview on Sunday April 3 though?

what previous email 

where did they state this

It was written in the rejection letter "To help determine how your application ranks in comparison to others: of those we invited for an interview the average GPA was 3.90/4.00 and the average DAT scores were 23 on the Academic Average section and 21 on the Perceptual Ability section."

Sunday April 10 is my interview date as well. I wonder if UofT is aware that Saturday April 9 and Sunday April 10 are UWO interview days..

U of T likely purposely did this given the significant number of us who apply to both, and potentially get accepted by both. They want to take our choice out of our hands and have to make a strategic choice between the two, banking on us choosing U of T as our interview choice. Frankly I find it ridiculous and says a lot about the school - not in a good way!!

U of T likely purposely did this given the significant number of us who apply to both, and potentially get accepted by both. They want to take our choice out of our hands and have to make a strategic choice between the two, banking on us choosing U of T as our interview choice. Frankly I find it ridiculous and says a lot about the school - not in a good way!!

I'm not sure if this makes sense. This should mean that people who got an invite on the 10th should be the most competitive applicants in terms of GPA, which is really the only information they have. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case. One of my friends has an interview on the 2nd and her GPA is close to a 4.0. Rumors like this will only make people who have their interviews on the 2nd feel bad.

I'm not sure if this makes sense. This should mean that people who got an invite on the 10th should be the most competitive applicants in terms of GPA, which is really the only information they have. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case. One of my friends has an interview on the 2nd and her GPA is close to a 4.0. Rumors like this will only make people who have their interviews on the 2nd feel bad.

i think it depends on whether you are a 3rd or >4th yr applicant. 

3rd yr can only apply to uoft

Archived