Premed 101 Forums

Hotels in Halifax

Guest Beth

Two hotels have been suggested for applicants coming to Dal for interviews....The Holiday Inn and The Lord Nelson. I was just wondering which is closer to the school, where most people tend to stay, where other non-maritimers are staying??? Thanks!!!

Hi Beth,

I would say that the Holiday Inn is the closest to the med school. It's on the corner of Robie St. and Quinpool Rd. The Tupper med building is just a short walk down Robie St. You can't go wrong with either of those hotels, though. The Lord Nelson is also close to the school. Halifax is very easy to get around, so don't worry about getting lost or anything.

Good luck with your interview!

I stayed at the holiday inn...it was very close to the school...and it has a hottub, sauna, pool, etc...very nice for relaxing before and after the interview! :D

The lord nelson is nice too, and is on spring garden road which is has lots of good places to eat, and good shopping close by...

Cheers

Guest DalHopeful

I just thought I would put in my 2 cents... I believe the lord nelson is closer to the tupper and I think DAL has a deal worked out with the lord nelson that students can get a room for $99. Im not sure if that is limited to current dal students or perhaps future ones are included as well (heheh,..Hopefully anyway).

Archived