Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Package anyone?

Guest MD2006

Guest MD2006

Hey articaguy and NBsmurf, have you guys received any orientation stuff in the mail yet? I was going over the info we got on scholarships and bursaires, and it said that we would be getting an orientation package in July. I haven't gotten one yet and I'm moving back to Halifax this weekend and am afraid that I will miss it if it gets sent to my old address! But if you have gotten it already then maybe it's just taking some extra time though the snail-mail to get to me. Thanks!

Guest arcticaguy

hey MD2006, I spoke to Tracy a couple of weeks ago and she said that the Orientation packages won't be mailed out 'til the end of July (at the earliest), though more likely, it'll be early August before we get them.

I'm not surprised at how late they're being sent, seing how delayed they were with everything else....

You can probably re-route your pkg. to your new address without problems. Good luck with the move, btw.

See you at the bbq on the 25th! :)

cheers!

Guest NBsmurf

Hey guys;

Obviously no orientation package here yet either. MD2006: I can sympathize with the mail situation. I'm moving next wednesday, and although I'm getting my mail forwarded, I'm always worried something will get lost. Something did get sent to my parent's a while back (after the scholarship stuff) regarding registration etc.

Good luck with the move MD2006; can't wait until the 25th! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arcticaguy

Hi MD2006, NBsmurf:

Hope the move went well! I just wanted to let you know that I just received my O-pkg today....wow, what a busy week!

cheers

Guest NBsmurf

Hi arcticaguy, MD2006;

My O-week package was waiting for me when I stopped in at my parent's place in NB. Looks exciting! Can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Guest MD2006

Hey guys, I'm here in Halifax and I got my package too! I'm getting so excited! Three weeks and one day to go! Have yoyu guys made it to Halifax yet? See you soon!

Guest arcticaguy

I'm moving in next week, semi permanently though. I still have to get my cpr/first aid certification.....

otherwise, I can't wait :D

cheers!

Guest NBsmurf

Just moved in this past weekend, now I'm home in NB for a week and a bit :) I'm pretty happy with the new place, although the street I'm on is a bit noisy! Is everyone else happy with their new surroundings?

MD2006: How did your move go?

arcticaguy: Who are you taking the first aid course through? I ended up 'squeezing' mine in as well ;)

Guest arcticaguy

NBsmurf,

I'm actually taking through the NSCC (for $80!!). I got them to squeeze me in on the 20th/21st. I wish I could have found an earlier spot somewhere in Halifax...ah well.

cheers :)

Guest MD2006

Hey guys! The move went fairly smoothy, except that I seemed to have aquired alot more things than I thought over the past two years and had to leave somethings behind because they wouldn't fit into my Dad's jeep, other than the 13 hour ride back to Halifax, everything went well. I'm quite happy with my place, but there is a lot of stuff stuff still in boxes. I am taking the CPR through St Johns Ambulance on the 24th!!! Cutting it pretty close huh....

Are you guys going to be getting any of the books that they suggested before you start classes?

Guest NBsmurf

MD2006: Glad the move went fairly well. I know what you mean about accumulating stuff. My dad rented what we thought was a far too large truck...we ended up filling it!

I think I'm going to wait before buying any books (except maybe the medical dictionary). I've already got big Moore and Grant's atlas & dissector for anatomy (not on list), from a course at Mac. I want to actually chat with a couple second years (and my buddy!) regarding books before making any large purchases.

Guest Ian Wong

Yeah, don't buy anything until you get there. There's lots of textbooks that are "required" but useless, and as a class, you'll definitely have access to lots of used book and equipment sales. If you have to buy new stuff (ie. stethoscopes), you'll get a much bigger discount buying it in bulk as a class.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest arcticaguy

hey guys,

like MD2006 said, I'll wait till I talk to a few Med IIs before making any major purchases. Besides, with the way my place looks like now (I just moved in yesterday), I don't think I'll find them again ;)

It is amazing how fast things add up....and O-week isn't here yet!

Now, to hook up the phone/net.....

cheers!

Archived