Premed 101 Forums

Mac Pa 2016 Interview Invites

Stats ONLY, discussion in the other thread. 

Interview: Yes/No/Waitlisted
Timestamp: Date/Time you recieved your offer to interview.

GPA: OMSAS 4.0 scale
ECs: (Description of your extracurricular activities if you want to include them)
Interview Date/Time:
# of previous applications: 

Interview: Yes

Timestamp: March 30th, 9:01 am
GPA: 3.74 (not sure if I get any additional points for holding a masters degree)
ECs: Lots of travel, varied work experience, outdoorsy things, organic farming, campus first response, wilderness first aid, hospital/community health/aboriginal health/family health volunteering. Shadowed 2 NOSM preceptor family physicians at a family health team in rural North Eastern Ontario for the past two years, as well as worked on several community preventative medicine projects as a volunteer with the health team.  Also working with a local Aboriginal Organization on a community kitchen project.  Experience working in traditional healing settings with residential school survivors.
Interview Date/Time:  Saturday May 14th, 9 am.
# of previous applications: 0

Looking forward to it!

Interview: Waitlisted
Timestamp: March 30th, 3:27pm EST

GPA: 3.81 for last 20 courses

ECs: lots research experience from coop positions at Toronto Rehab (stroke rehabilitation) and Sunnybrook brain sciences program (2x NSERC USRA) and volunteering in neuroscience lab at school; Anatomy lab TA; Physiotherapy aid (4 months); volunteering in exercise program for patients undergoing chemotherapy (4 months), one summer spent volunteering in the ER department  

Interview Date/Time: May 14th, if interview is granted

Interview: Yes
Timestamp: March 30th 9:55AM 

GPA: 3.37 (3.71 without 1st year undergrad) 
ECs: 3 summers in hospital (volunteer), various jobs, 1 summer neuroendocrinology lab (volunteer), varsity swimmer, 4 summers counsellor at youth basketball camp (volunteer), placement as chiropractic assistant through undergrad (Western Kinesiology)
Interview Date/Time: May 16th at 10am 

Good luck! :)

Haven't heard anything yet and from what I gathered from past years that probably is a bad thing (wait listed or rejected) but I thought I'd share my stats anyway!

GPA: 3.75

Finishing second year Health Sci and Uwaterloo

ECs: 1.5 years hospital volunteering with direct patient care and assessment, paid work at daycare with autistic children, orientation week leader, summer camp counsellor, lifeguard, children's tennis instructor, school band member and faculty student council representative.

Will be adding volunteer cadaver prosection and camp for children with congenital heart defects to my application after this summer!

This term was also my best in terms of grades so hopefully my GPA increases for my application next year :D

Congrats to everyone with an interview and good luck!

Interview: Waitlisted

Timestamp: March 30th, 3:30 pm

GPA: 3.9 (will finish my second year this April)

ECs: volunteering at a residential hospice for about a year now as a patient therapy assistant, 2 semesters of work in an ornithology research lab as a technician and research assistant, 4 summers of camp counselling as well as working with children with special needs and physical disabilities, varsity soccer athlete, student leader of local athletes in action group, student tutor and note-taker. Will also be working with the Federal Government this summer with an NSERC funded research position.

Interview Date/Time: May 14th, pending getting off waitlist 

Archived