Premed 101 Forums

Mac Interview Formula - How Likely Is It To Change Again?

Does anybody expect that Mac's interview formula (32% GPA, 32% CARS, 32% Casper) would change for the next cycle? They changed it before to make Casper weigh more and GPA and CARS were around 25%. I think 25% to 32% is a big difference in how much the GPA is worth. It is possible that someone may have got invited with a lower GPA when it was worth 25% but that may not have been possible if the GPA was worth 32% at the time.

So my question - is it realistic to hope for the formula to change in a way that puts less emphasis on the GPA? Or are they unlikely to make Capser worth more than GPA again in the formula?

For what it's worth, my mentor told me that Casper will likely be weighted more in the upcoming cycles just so Mac can "prove" their point about Casper. 

They think as much as 45-50% but this is just their opinion and they are not affiliated with the Mac program anymore.

I would not count on it. I believe the year(s) CASPer was worth more was when it was still relatively new. They probably changed it back because they thought the other components were not being emphasized enough. Since the current breakdown has been stable for several years I'm assuming they're relatively happy with it.

Archived