Premed 101 Forums

Fpc And Lmcc2 - Fall 2016 - Scheduled On The Same Weekend

mrpuffy

I was planning on challenging both the LMCC2/ CFPC exams in the fall and just recently noted that the confirmed date for the LMCC2 in this fall is October 27-30 which overlaps with the CFPC exam on October 29-30, 2016. I was given to understand that these exams are typically on separate weekends. I have contacted them to confirm this but haven't heard back from them yet. For off-cycle residents like myself who are finishing in January 2017, do they make exceptions. I realize now that I've missed the deadline to register for the LMCC2 in Spring 2016 and if I finish residency in January 2017, I'd have to wait till March/April 2016 to do the CFPC exam (assuming I pick only the LMCC2 in Fall). 

Does anyone have experience with this? Why would the exams be staggered in Spring 2016 and on the exact same weekend in the Fall? Which one should I prioritize? Can I moonlight with one and not the other in that Jan - April period in 2017 while waiting to write the other one?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this!

I'm a bit confused. They're going back to the harmonized exam so I'm not sure why you are writing the LMCC separately?

If by some strange reason you are forced to sit the split up exam, the LMCC portion is only a single day so you could ask them to schedule you so that your days don't overlap.

Archived