Premed 101 Forums

I'm pretty sure all Canadian schools claim to have no preference over what program you come from. They only care about your grades. Perhaps you could touch upon your program during interviews though, if it somehow works in your favour for a particular question.

I agree that standing out in an interview can be good or bad. In fact, one of the pieces of advice given to me by a professor I really look up to was to try to not stick out one way or the other and to, for lack of a better description, "fly under the radar". You certainly don't want to sound as though you think you're more informed on a topic than you really are. That can cause a chain of problems for the interview. Anyway, this professor told me that most of the time they choose who to axe first right off the get go. But I know you weren't really asking so much about the interview, I just thought I'd weigh in on that. It worked for me. 

As for your chances, I don't think it will be a disadvantage at all and can work to your advantage if you play your cards right in the interview. Study hard and good luck! Welcome to the forum, by the way :)

Archived