Premed 101 Forums

Hi all,

It's that time where everyone is stressing over the LMCC--just wondering if we can get a topic started for what is working best for people? I know in the past it seemed the exam was a pretty much "pass" for everyone but obviously since last year this has changed.

I've been using LMCC exams and Canada Q bank as resources (more so LMCC as I find Q bank can be pretty random?) as well as skimming through TN and the Canadian Essentials for LMCC.

Wondering what else people have been doing/managing the stress? Whats sorts of scores on those databases have those who have written it coincide with a pass? 

Or do people who have written feel none of these resources really help (i've heard this from some residents!).

Thanks!

I didn't find questions from Canada Q Bank very representative of the actual exam. CQB ask way to many very detailed questions coming from small prints.

There were a lot of general questions a clerk that has rotated in Canadian Hospital and paid attention would be able to answer. Nothing really fancy... As the test adapts according to your performance, if you start to get out of the blue questions, it is a good sign. 

UWorld + First Aid for Step 2 CK hands down the best, actually probably overkill tbh. UWorld has amazing explanations, as always. To give you perspective for Step 2 CK I diligently double checked my answers and still got below average, wrote LMCC1 a week after without any further studying, got >1 SD above average after breezing through the test, didn't even bother double checking some of the answers.

A classmate had shown me some pages from CQB, I found their style vague, disorganized and difficult to follow.

Archived