Premed 101 Forums

E-Petition To Ban Asbestos In Canada (Closes Aug 26, 2016 12:32Pm Edt)

Hey all, 

So there is an official e-petition to ban asbestos in Canada present on the federal government's website which is closed for signature on Aug 26, 2016 12:32PM EDT, all the details are in the e-petition: https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-325.

The e-petition requires 500 signatures to receive a response from the federal government. I figured I'd share it with all of you, seeing how health care oriented we all are on this forum. I have already signed the e-petition as well (my name does not appear anywhere on the e-petition page). 

If you have any questions/concerns about signing, feel free to ask them here!

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the problems associated with the material, I'm surprised that this is a current social issue.

Edit: Signed!

Yeah basically there is no such thing as a safe form of the material, sorta surprised its taking this long to ban it (but then again, Asbestos Quebec is a real town, so maybe not that surprising).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am reminded about one of my oncology lectures regarding mesothelioma associated with asbestos-exposure. I'm surprised that asbestos-containing products are still in the market!

I know, its crazy! Please share with other people, we should get asbestos products off the market. 

Archived