Premed 101 Forums

Course Selection

Biology 3290: Medicinal and Hallucinogenic plants, no need to go to class you need the buy the note package from the bookstore. This is a pure memory course, so if you skip class and focus that time actually memorizing the stuff, you can definitely get an A+

Biology 3500: Genetics 2. Very easy, can definitely can an A+ (especially with Dana Shroeder), but need to have taken genetics 1.

MBIO 3010: Mechanism of microbial disease. VERY interesting class, which makes it easy for studying and doing well

CHEM 4670: Drug Design and Drug discovery. Sounds very interesting, but it is far from a interesting class, which makes it difficult to study for!

But really, it all depends on you and what you are good at. The classes I mentioned are mostly memorization, so if you are good at that than those are not bad courses (except the CHEM course), but really it comes down to what you think is interesting because that will make studying for them a lot easier.

Also, just remember, if you are going for a general science degree, you only need like 3 or 4  3000 or 4000 level courses to get your degree, so don't take anymore upper level courses than you need (do double check that with an advisor)!

P.S I have been out of U of M for two years now, so I don't know if these classes have changed.

Biology 3290: Medicinal and Hallucinogenic plants, no need to go to class you need the buy the note package from the bookstore. This is a pure memory course, so if you skip class and focus that time actually memorizing the stuff, you can definitely get an A+

Biology 3500: Genetics 2. Very easy, can definitely can an A+ (especially with Dana Shroeder), but need to have taken genetics 1.

MBIO 3010: Mechanism of microbial disease. VERY interesting class, which makes it easy for studying and doing well

CHEM 4670: Drug Design and Drug discovery. Sounds very interesting, but it is far from a interesting class, which makes it difficult to study for!

But really, it all depends on you and what you are good at. The classes I mentioned are mostly memorization, so if you are good at that than those are not bad courses (except the CHEM course), but really it comes down to what you think is interesting because that will make studying for them a lot easier.

Also, just remember, if you are going for a general science degree, you only need like 3 or 4  3000 or 4000 level courses to get your degree, so don't take anymore upper level courses than you need (do double check that with an advisor)!

P.S I have been out of U of M for two years now, so I don't know if these classes have changed.

Thank you for your help! I will keep that in mind when choosing courses.

Archived