Premed 101 Forums

How Hard Is It To Get A Line Of Credit If You Are Planning On Studying Abroad?

It is relatively difficult to get a loan for studying in the states. Although it depends on your cosigners. I was not approved for a loan and at the time of the application I had a full time job and both my parents (cosigners) also had a full time job. Also international tuition are significantly more than than the 250k max loc for international schools. So, not only do you need strong cosigners but you need a way to prove that you can somehow fill the 100-150k gap.

It is relatively difficult to get a loan for studying in the states. Although it depends on your cosigners. I was not approved for a loan and at the time of the application I had a full time job and both my parents (cosigners) also had a full time job. Also international tuition are significantly more than than the 250k max loc for international schools. So, not only do you need strong cosigners but you need a way to prove that you can somehow fill the 100-150k gap.

Hi djdents,

Thank you for your reply! I was wondering did you try applying to every Canadian banks for LoC? By the way, I was planning on applying to dental school in Australia in case anyone who managed to get a LoC for Australian dental school can give me their opinion. Thank you!

Hodori

I was told by the person I dealt with at the bank that if I had a dentist cosign for me, it wouldn't matter how much debt they had, they could get me approved for a LOC.

Really glad to hear that. Thank you for letting me know!

• 7 months later...

Archived