Premed 101 Forums

Reliability Of Gold Standard Cars Prep Tests?

Nyscol

Hi all, was hoping that someone can shed some light on this. I appreciate any and all comments.

So I recently started studying for the CARS section of the MCAT. All in all I have spent the past month and a half at it. I didn't initially have too too much trouble with the passages as I have 5 years of sociaI sciences/humanities in UG. I started with the Khan Academy because it's free and I just wanted to test the water, but quickly ran out of material so I decided to give a month of Gold Standard a try. 

I'm really freaking myself out here. Ran through all of the Khan Academy's practice questions with little trouble, and I have also been doing passages through an android app called Mcat Mastery so that I can study when I am away from the computer. All in all I thought I was doing pretty well, until I began The Gold Standard PT's. It doesn't seem to matter if I do a full length PT or a few questions my scores have been atrocious! Time hasn't really been an issue for me either, I feel I am reading at a pretty good pace and am able to flush out some of the details/ inferences. Has anybody else noticed extreme variability between different practice materials? Anyone else have experience with Gold Standard? Any suggestions? 

A little discouraged at this point.  :(

Archived