Premed 101 Forums

Advice For Ottawa Mcat Testing Center 2016

member3314

Hello :) I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice about which testing center to choose in Ottawa ON? I have noticed on the registration page that there's a new site in Carleton University this year. Carleton site sounds attractive because it's not downtown so I can avoid some traffic. But I'm worried about the possible noises from the summer orientations in August/September and the overall quality of this testing facility since I've never been there. 

Can anyone kindly share your experience in Ottawa testing centers? And advice whether downtown Metacalfe location or Carleton U location is better?

Thank you!    :)

I wrote my MCAT last summer at the downtown location. Overall, the process was pretty smooth and organized. There are several testing rooms and they split you up. Also, they have a little sitting area outside the test rooms where people would have lunch/snack/break etc. They also provide noise-cancelling headphones for you to use if you need.  I wouldn't worry about traffic downtown since they ask you to arrive super early in the morning (before rush hour).  

Sorry that I can't comment on the Carleton location, hopefully someone else can weigh in on that. I've only been to the one testing centre so unable to compare to other centres. 

Honestly, I was so focused on actually writing the MCAT that the details of the testing centre were not a huge concern. Keep focused and I'm sure everything will go well, no matter which testing location you choose :) Good luck!

I wrote my MCAT last summer at the downtown location. Overall, the process was pretty smooth and organized. There are several testing rooms and they split you up. Also, they have a little sitting area outside the test rooms where people would have lunch/snack/break etc. They also provide noise-cancelling headphones for you to use if you need.  I wouldn't worry about traffic downtown since they ask you to arrive super early in the morning (before rush hour).  

Sorry that I can't comment on the Carleton location, hopefully someone else can weigh in on that. I've only been to the one testing centre so unable to compare to other centres. 

Honestly, I was so focused on actually writing the MCAT that the details of the testing centre were not a huge concern. Keep focused and I'm sure everything will go well, no matter which testing location you choose :) Good luck!

I'm also writing at the downtown location next month, so it's good to hear that you had a positive experience with it there!

I wrote at Carleton. There wasn't any noise coming from outside because it's a secluded set of computer rooms. The computers are great as they're part of the computer lab - I believe they just host tests for extra revenue?

That being said, the computers did not have cubicles, so although it won't be loud (especially with ear plugs), there may be peripheral visual distractions.

Archived