Premed 101 Forums

Worth Applying As A Non Tradtional Oop With My Stats?

CC36

Hey everyone,

This years upcoming application cycle is coming up and I'm really unsure if its even worth applying to McGill as a non-traditional OOP applicant. Currently, I possess the following stats:

1st UG cummulative GPA: 3.3

2nd UG cummulative GPA: 3.98; this will be the GPA used for admissions, hopefully!

Science Prereq GPA: 3.8

ECs: 1000+ volunteer hours in community non-profits and student clubs, lots of research including 2 publications and many, many part time jobs accumulating to over 3000+ working hours.

MCAT: 515 (CP129/CARS126/BS129/PS131)

Any advice from current med students or applicants would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Hey everyone,

This years upcoming application cycle is coming up and I'm really unsure if its even worth applying to McGill as a non-traditional OOP applicant. Currently, I possess the following stats:

1st UG cummulative GPA: 3.3

2nd UG cummulative GPA: 3.98; this will be the GPA used for admissions, hopefully!

Science Prereq GPA: 3.8

ECs: 1000+ volunteer hours in community non-profits and student clubs, lots of research including 2 publications and many, many part time jobs accumulating to over 3000+ working hours.

MCAT: 515 (CP129/CARS126/BS129/PS131)

Any advice from current med students or applicants would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Just an FYI, you can't apply to the non-traditional stream as an OOP - it is ONLY open to IP candidates.

You will therefore have to apply via the normal traditional pathway.

• 1 month later...

Archived