Premed 101 Forums

Completing a Biochem pre-req prior to application?

Guest machinepistol5

Guest machinepistol5

Hi everyone! I have a quick question!

If I am applying this fall (Oct 2004) to get in for 2005 do I have to have biochemistry done by the time I apply (Oct 2004) or can I complete it by June 2005?

Thanks everyone!

machinepistol5

Edited the subject to make it more specific, and to get rid of the all capital letters. -Ian

Guest deeds16

From what I've read, I believe you can (finish the course by June 2005). I think that is one of the reasons they ask us to send an updated transcript in May.

Hi,

To my knowledge as long as you have it completed by the time you graduate you should be alright. However, I would some how make sure it is clearly indicated on your application/transcript that you will be taking the course.

If you are uneasy about it and want to be 100% sure you may want to contact the admissions office - but I would wait until September when they have finished with the applications for this year. :)

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lucky1

My understanding is that they calculate the Biochem and English marks as park of your AGPA how can they do that if you don't finish till June?

Hi Lucky,

My understanding is that all final grades are received prior to sending out of letters. After all, if you are outstanding only with one course I am sure your ranking in the big picture can still be made quite accurately - but of course they wouldn't send out letters until they had your official grades. Unless you are an 'outstanding' candidate and receive an early offer. :D

Cheers,

J.

Archived