Premed 101 Forums

acceptances

Guest melissa

Guest melissa

hi,

just letting people know that i received my acceptance from u of manitoba today. i was shocked as i did not think they came out until much later.

hey melissa,

are you an in province student or a non-manitoba resident? also, if you don't mind, what was your gpa and mcat scores?

thanks

jc

Guest Ian Wong

Hey wow!

Congratulations!!! It's an awesome achievement to get that acceptance letter; makes all those headaches about MCATs, reference letters, interview requests, airfare and housing, all melt away. :)

melissa, are you an in-province student or an out-of-province student, and did you apply to other schools?

Ian

UBC, MS2

Guest Bob

congratulations!

are you in-province? what other schools did you apply to and which did you get interviews at?

you must be so relieved! is it your first choice?

bob

Guest melissa

hi,

ok..here's my profile. i'm a manitoba resident. i did my b.sc in psychology at mcgill. my g.p.a worked out to around 3.85/4.00 once converted from mcgill's scale to manitobas and my mcat marks were 33N. i have volunteered in numerous health care settings and have quite a lot of research experience. i also interviewed at mcmaster and queens. good luck to everyone waiting...i know it's an extremely mailbox staring, nerve racking time.

Guest Robby

Congratulations first and foremost!

How long do you have to reply? Any deposit fee?

As well, was that your first choice amongst queen's and mac?

Man you must be so happy.

R

Guest confused

Hi. The U of M web page states that the admission committee meets in early June. This information was also given at the interview. I am confused. Are they sending out acceptances early for everyone or only for stellar applicants? Congrats for those who have gotten in! Is anyone else still waiting...?

• 2 months later...
Guest wamunir26

Respected Sir

My name is Waqas Ahmad Munir. I did my BCS (Bachelor of Computer Sciences) from Allama Iqbal Open University which is one of the best university I Asian region. Now-a-days, I am working as a Web Designer in a multinational firm named Associated Consulting Engineer (Pvt.) Limited on a project of national importance.

Sir, I am extremely interested in doing M.Sc. in computer sciences from your university because of excellent technological environment which will make me to excel best in this field. Therefore, it is requested to you to guide me for this Programme and if possible please send me a copy of the prospectus so that I shall be familiar with the program being conducted in your esteemed institution. Your cooperation in this matter is highly appreciated. Thanking in anticipation.

Looking forward your nice mail.

Waqas Ahmad Munir

House No. 9, Street No. 3

Hasan Town, Multan Road

Lahore.

É (092-042-5414137)

E.mail:wamunir_26@hotmail.com

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this bulletin board only deals with the medical school at the University of Manitoba. The relevant information you seek can probably be found within:

www.umanitoba.ca

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived