Premed 101 Forums

Date Of Degree Conferral

Hello, in the workbook, it says date of degree conferral, and in the example they provided, they say the bachelor's degree has to be obtained before July 2016. So a couple of questions:

Is the date of degree conferral the graduation ceremony date?

What is the eligible date of this year? Is it still July? 

If I am taking a summer class, and my graduation date is pushed to November, does that make me ineligible to apply for this year? 

Thank you! 

Hello, in the workbook, it says date of degree conferral, and in the example they provided, they say the bachelor's degree has to be obtained before July 2016. So a couple of questions:

Is the date of degree conferral the graduation ceremony date?

What is the eligible date of this year? Is it still July? 

If I am taking a summer class, and my graduation date is pushed to November, does that make me ineligible to apply for this year? 

Usually your final transcript at the time of graduation will have a "degree conferred" date - this is not the date of convocation (it should be earlier). I'm not sure what the eligible date for this year would be, or whether you're eligible given that you're taking a summer class - considering there are only a few days left until the application deadline, you should probably call the Admissions office first thing Monday morning to find out. Good luck :)

Archived