Premed 101 Forums

atmosphere at u of m?

Guest mosquitoba

Guest mosquitoba

hey all -

i'm wondering if any current medical students at U of M could give us an idea of the atmosphere at the Bannatyne campus. i have worked there in the research labs, but am pretty unfamiliar with the medical school. i'm still so excited, and am just wondering what to expect!

i'm convinced of the academic quality of the medical school at U of M, and from my perspective it seems that all the schools i applied to would give me a similar quality of education. what i am interested in hearing about from current students is the atmosphere - e.g. do students frequently get together to study, have parties, go out and socialize with one another? it was easier to get a sense of this type of thing at the schools where i interviewed as an out of province applicant, probably because i was less familiar with the school and asked more questions of students, went on tours etc!

its very important to me to be part of a cohesive, collaborative group of students. i really want to learn medicine at a school where teamwork plays an important role in the education students receive! from what i saw at the interview weekend, U of M students seem to enjoy their classes AND classmates.

thanks in advance!

mosquitoba

Archived