Premed 101 Forums

interview question

Guest gc

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some info about the interview. I was rejected this year... MCAT and GPA were good, but interview went poorly. I have been involved in a lot of different types extraciricular activites so it's not like I came off as a person who just studies. I was wondering what kind of things or categories the interviewers mark you on, or are there some traits they are speciifcally looking for? I am thinking that perhaps my style of answering the questions didn't display those traits. I know this is a kind of vague question, but any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Lactic Folly

Have you had the chance to do mock interviews and watch yourself on videotape? That often offers insight into the manner in which you are answering the questions. You can also ask family/friends/career centre people for feedback.

I don't know how they calculate the interview score, but remember the reference letters are also part of the personal assessment score. From the applicant information letter: "Their assessment will include: your approach to learning, interpersonal skills, communication skills, interests, awareness of the world around you and personal attributes such as self-confidence among others." Good luck - you've got it narrowed down to the interview stage, and it is definitely possible to improve your skills in this area.

Archived