Premed 101 Forums

Request made to Lactic Folly

Guest jrashad99

Guest jrashad99

Lactic Folly,

First off, Congratulations on your acceptance at U of A.

Now, for the request :

you said that although it would be great for you to know if you got accepted at Manitoba, you will be declining the offer.

I'm sure all those still in the running would love to be on the early acceptance list, so why not call Manitoba, and take yourself out of the running.

Chances are it will not affect me at all, but still, for the person who is placed 1st on the waitlist (or spot 10 from OOP), they might get to know a month earlier.

Consider how nice it is for you to be able to plan your next year already. By taking yourself out of the running, you'll be able to allow 1 more person to have that extra time to plan, as well as relieve the stress of that one person, ( and many more, if by doing this it affects wait lists at many Universities.).

Even though this has no affect in the long run, as the list would move eventually, it's just that the one month will a huge difference to someone.

As well, you could always just ask the admissions office in Manitoba (in june) if you would have been accepted, as they have said they would let candidates know where they ranked.

Your consideration would be appreciated greatly.

jrashad99

PS. Anyone else agree with me ??

-those of you already accepted where you want to go, can make the wait shorter for a few of us ?

Guest CareBear15

I think your post is cute but... Lactic Folly can do whatever he/she wants - he's/she's the one who worked hard to get interviews and acceptances.

Guest Lactic Folly

Hey there,

It's nice that you consider my application to be so strong (something I'm not taking for granted), but I'd really encourage you not to count yourself out. :) If you were granted an interview, then you have just as good a chance as anyone else of being among the early admissions.

I know the wait feels painful and long, especially as the rank list nears completion (barring final grades - which I am waiting for). However, I doubt there is any quota they are looking to reach with regards to early admissions, unlike the final class list. One more or one less applicant in the pool isn't going to alter the committee's perception of those they feel to be especially desirable candidates.

The machinery has been set in motion and will run its course, and probably do so more efficiently without interruptions, to boot. :) As you've noted, these processes are of significant import to those involved, and weighty decisions are made. I don't think it's in anyone's best interests for action to be taken on the basis of incomplete information.

Hang in there! - hope you get good news soon.

Cheers,

LF

Guest Koppertone

Personally, if I had an early acceptance to UofA, I'd keep my applications going elsewhere as I would at least like to see if I got in at other schools. I mean it WAS just about $100 to apply at each school, might as well get SOME satifaction out of the process.

Archived