Premed 101 Forums

when are your interviews

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest malepatternbaldness

I am interviewing on the 1st sunday as well but I'm from Ontario.

Does anyone know if there are any presentations or campus tours scheduled for that weekend?

Hey!

On the Friday evening before each interview weekend there is an informal pizza get-together at the University where people interviewing that weekend can hang out with some med students to ask questions, or just relax. Also, eating the pizza begins to condition your system for the exorbitant amounts of pizza you will eat as a med student.

After your interview (Saturday or Sunday) there will be a tour of the campus and a chance for you to ask any questions. The tour of the campus is generally given by a med student so there will be lots of opportunities to chat about how great U of M is. ;)

There is also a interviewee information night on Tuesday, Feb 17th, where some of the faculty present information about the application/interview/selection process. Also, normally a couple of med students talk about their experiences.

Anyone out there coming? Hope to see you there!

Guest malepatternbaldness

Hi j100, thanks for the info.

I have been told the date and time of my interview, but unfortunately I didn't take the phone call from the admissions office myself so I was unable to ask if they were planning on sending an information package telling me the location of the interview or anything else. Should I be expecting the admissions office to send this information or should I call and harass them? (I imagine they're quite busy right now)

Also, how would I get information on your informal pizza get together?

Thanks,

mpb

Hi MPB,

You should expect an information package in the mail confirming your interview date and time. In that package there will be information about where to go and how to get there. I would also expect that in the same package you receive information about the Friday pizza time. :D

I assume you are aware of the information night on Tuesday, Feb 17th at the University?

If you only have recently (last week or so) confirmed your interview date I would expect something in the mail shortly.

Cheers!

Archived