Premed 101 Forums

What Does It Mean By 'the Last 20/60 Credit Hours Of University Level Courses'?

Hi guys, I'm currently doing my undergrad. Regarding the title, does it mean only 3rd and 4th year classes (during/after the undergrad)? Or does it include 1st and 2nd year classes at a uni and they will be included for the gpa? After I finish my undergrad, I will have to do some upgrading and am curious to know about the title. I know that they take your last 20/60 credits but not sure if that includes 1st/2nd year courses you can take after the undergrad.

thanks in advance

Hi Reqai, last 20/60 regards the last 20 half credits or 10 full credits which is equal to 60 credit hours. Every school has their own way of calculating GPA but some schools only look at undergrad marks while other schools will consider every mark including masters level courses. As for year levels, when credits need to be obtained from a term to obtain 20 credits, some schools will take the average of that semester while other schools will take the average of the entire year. So for example, if you are in your 4th year applying, they will likely need 4 or 5 credits from your 2nd year courses to fulfill 20 credits so they will either take the average of your winter semester or the average of the entire 2nd year and weight that average for 4 credits. Let me know if this clears things up!

Hey! thanks for the reply!

and yes it helps. So if i take a 2nd year course in my 4th year, that will also be counted for gpa? though im thinking of just taking 2 4th year electives to boost my gpa.. I will not apply to physio for a few years because i need to upgrade during that time, and i dont want them to use grades from my 1st and 2nd year as they are not good. I have heard how some unis only take grades from 3rd and 4th year, or the last 60 credits of most recent grades.

Archived