Premed 101 Forums

Essay Instructions for those who got interviews

Guest coastal79

Guest coastal79

Hi all, I was told that my letter was sent out, but must have gotten lost in the mail. They are couriering me another copy, but I'd like to get started on my essay ASAP. On the U of Man website it says:

"Applicants will be given specific written instructions but must be aware that the essay should be between 1000-1200 words and should focus on the events, interests, and attitudes that have led them to consider a career in medicine. Applicants will be expected to explore their education, work, recreation, and other experiences as they relate to the development of career options and how this has led to a decision to pursue a career in medicine."

So, is that it? Are there any "specific written instructions", or is the question pretty much the same as outlined above. Also, when is it due?

Cheers, and luck to all

Guest Lactic Folly

"Four copies of an autobiographical sketch of 1000 to 1200 words. Please tell us why you would like to become a physician and describe your background and experiences and how they have prepared you for a career in Medicine. Include education, employment, volunteer work and personal or family matters. You may also wish to describe challenging or unique situations you have encountered."

plus: a recent passport-size photograph of yourself, due by January 30.

Archived