Premed 101 Forums

Early Admissions

Guest linebacker37

Guest linebacker37

Just wondering what the criteria for early admissions at the U of M for Manitoba applicants are? Also, what is the earliest date that early admissions will be sent out?

Guest ManitobaMed

Hey linebacker,

I'm not sure that there are any specific criteria for early admissions. My understanding is that those students who receive early admissions have combined PAS/MCAT scores high enough that they are very unlikely to end up outside of the top 90 applicants, even with a few lower marks in their final year transcript. The PAS and MCAT total is known conclusively once the interview process is complete, so 90% of the total admission score has already been determined before final marks are available for most students.

Early acceptances are generally sent out the last week in April.

• 1 month later...
Guest linebacker37

Do you know when exactly they are going out or went out. I heard last Friday (25th) at first, but found out that didn't happen when I phoned and they couldn't tell me a specific date-although some friends of mine were told they were sent yesterday (28th)- but I don't know how accurate that is either.

Guest brandonite

They should have gone out today. I haven't checked to see if they did or not, but I have that on pretty good information. I believe the plan was originally Friday, but the timetable slipped a bit.

Good luck, all!

Guest thmper

Just want to tell you guys that admissions office will call you and let you know of their decision. I just got one today. I'm very excited. :b

Guest brandonite

You got an acceptance?!?! Way to go! :)

Congratulations!

We (the Class of 2006) set up a website for you, where you can ask questions and where we'll post information for you. You'll get information on how to access it with your admissions letter in the mail.

Again, congratulations! Hope to see you in August for o-week!

Guest cheshirecat12

Hi!

I have been a long-time lurker on this board (Great job Ian btw!), but thought I would try to liven things up a little here.

I am an Ontario resident and got my acceptance last week. I am so relieved that I am not waiting anxiously until June 1st for the Ontario school replies (I sympathize wholeheartedly with you guys). I didn't feel my interview performance was exceptional... I was neither happy with it nor upset afterwards.

Any other OOP applicants out there want to share?

Cheshirecat:)

Guest ManitobaMed

Hey guys,

Congratulations to all of you who received acceptances! :D Brandonite has been a busy little beaver settin' up your website, so it should provide answers to any questions you might have. Otherwise, feel free to ask anything. (Unfortunately, I'm not checking in as often anymore -- exam prep -- so you might have to be patient with me. :( )

Guest MiniMedGirl

Hey helen...just wanted to add my congrats as well!! I look forward to tormenting...er....helping all the med 1 newbies of this year!! beware o-week!

(kidding, of course...) ;o)

minimedgirl

Guest thmper

Hi Minimedgirl,

I'm so relieved that I got the acceptance letter. I thought I did horribly on the interview( there were several questions I couldn't answer), so the letter along with the entrance scholarship was a huge surprise for me. I guess I have the torturing to look forward to. :b

helen

Archived