Premed 101 Forums

ORIENTATION

Guest ManitobaMed

Guest ManitobaMed

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you can tell me what to expect at the U of M orientation. :)

A med 1 at an info session I attended a couple of years back mentioned that removal of clothing had been involved for his class. Please, someone tell me this is not a regular thing! :eek

Guest brandonite

I remember that session, and the story. :)

I have no idea if that is a regular thing to do or not. I do know that a lot of drinking is involved, at least if the stories I hear are true. ;)

But you have fun with that! Ah, the joys of deferring... :)

Guest ManitobaMed

Oh, if there's stripping and drinking involved, orientation should be a blast -- except that I don't normally drink and/or participate in public nekkidness...or semi-public nekkidness...or semi-public semi-nekkidness. :\

I am looking forward to meeting my new classmates and becoming acquainted with my new school, though. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest imajen

Hey guys,

Don't worry about orientation. It will be a blast. I am a Med2 and we will be planning your O-week. Be prepared for drinking and some public semi-nudity. Don't worry, no one is forced to do anything, if you want to keep your clothes on then by all means do so. But if you don't want to....then I would suggest wearing your best underwear. Other than that it is going to be a ton of fun. My o-week was one of the main highlights of last year, and my class cannot wait to party again with the new med1's.

Guest MBmed

Does anyone know if we will be receiving any info. concerning the orientation week in the mail or have any idea as to what type of activities are planned?

Guest ManitobaMed

Hmmm... A little bit of info arrived with the immunization forms (has anyone figured those forms out, by the way???) and, according to one of the letters in that package, more should be arriving shortly. All I know so far is that we're supposed to be at Bannatyne at 8:30am on the 19th and that we have inaugural exercises and photos the morning of the 21st.

Archived