Premed 101 Forums

Mr. Paragg

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been waiting for an email reply from Mr. Paragg for some time now already...I was just worried that the mail might have been lost so he's never gotten it in the first place...or has he forgotten to write back? Should I resend it? (I don't want to come across as being too pushy) Do you guys know if he's pretty good at reply email enquiries? Thanks!

Guest missing Manitoba

I didn't receive a reply to an email query I sent, either. Rather than emailing again, it might be a good idea simply to call the admissions office with your question/comment/whatever. The people working there are very friendly and helpful.

Guest brandonite

I emailed him once, and he got back to me about two months later. And then it was only to tell me that he forwarded my email to someone else, and that person has yet to get back to me.

Evidently, email is not the best way to talk to the staff at Manitoba. :) Like missing said, try giving them a call.

• 2 months later...

Is Mr. Paragg the Admission Officer equivalent of other med schools? I think U of M is probably the only one that uses the term registrar...Does he actually have the final say in who gets admitted or doesn't? I'm just curious.

Guest brandonite

The final decisions are all made by the Admissions Commitee. But really, with the way Manitoba scores things, there is not much of a decision to be made. There aren't really any arbitrary decisions in the entire process... So, I don't think he actually makes the final decisions. I think he pretty much just co'ordinates the process - puts your MCAT/GPA/personal scores together, calculates your final mark out of 100, and passes those on to the admissions commitee. I do think that he is more involved in approving deferals, because he is the guy I am supposed to talk to about defering...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sazzafrazz

I wouldn't dismiss Charles' authority so quickly. I'm pretty sure he was instrumental in my acceptance way back when. Looking at things from the other side now, it is quite obvious that he has a lot of authority and I'm sure makes recommendations and may even add a little of life and reflection of who you are to the paper and numbers that they've accumulated on you.

saz

Archived