Premed 101 Forums

Number of seats this year

Guest hummm

Guest hummm

Guys is this right? 85 spots this year at the UofM, 191 interviews (including in prov., out of prov, and special category applicants).

Of the 85 spots, 9-10 set aside for out of prov, 6-7 for special category, so then approx. 70 set for in prov applicants?

Guest brandonite

Yup, sounds like you got it about right. I have 181 applicants, and 45-50 OOP (I believe this is in addition to the 181, but I'm not too sure - anybody??). That is supposedly about 30 less than last year, so your chances are pretty good right away.

Are you an in-province or out-of-province applicant? Have you interviewed yet?

Guest sazzafrazz

Hey guys, not wanting to start any rumors because I really don't have any confirmation on this. However, the class this year expanded to 88 at the last minute. I was told during my interview process that it would absolutely not exceed 85!!

Just a thought to throw out there and think about.

Good luck everyone.

saz

Guest hummm

Thanks Brandonite, but I'd still like to know whether the the 181 interviews included out of province students.

Does anyone know?

P.S. Yes Brandonite, interviewed in Feb./in-province applicant. (:

Guest hummm

Hi Sazz,

Question - the stats that you posted on the class of 2005 - if you count up the number of students accepted bu GPA and MCAT it comes to 93. I'm sure I read in the UofM med bulletin that 85 students were accepted last year. I'm just wondering why these numbers don't correspond??

Guest missing Manitoba

Hi,

You could try asking Vijay on "the other board" about the interview pool -- he was pretty actively involved in the interview orientation stuff. I think the 181 included OOP (it definitely included the special category applicants, based on what Vijay wrote previously), but I'm not absolutely sure.

Guest brandonite

hummm - Those correspond to offers of acceptances. So, they offered 93+ people spots. I don't think that means that all of those people neccesarily ended up at Manitoba. People could decline those offers.

Unless, I'm missing something. Anybody??

Guest missing Manitoba

Hey brandonite,

Yup, I'm pretty sure it includes declined offers. The only offers the site doesn't include are in the "special category" group.

Archived