Premed 101 Forums

financial aid

Guest missing Manitoba

Guest missing Manitoba

Hey all,

In order to alleviate some of my mopiness at being deemed unworthy of the medical profession by my alma mater, I'm starting a new thread. :D

Do any of you know what kind of bursary assistance is available at the U of M? I was going to contact the school directly, but it appears, based on my web search, that Charles Paragg is in charge of student aid for the med school. I suspect he might be a tad busy at the moment. Since the financial assistance info provided on the U of M website is woefully inadequate, I was wondering if any of you could help me out. :)

Guest brandonite

I don't know. I wasn't aware there was any money out there for bursaries... But I am working with some med students right now, so the next time one of them comes into the office, I will ask him...

I guess if letters are going out, then Charles should be less busy in the near future. However, I couldn't get him to reply to my emails in October, so... ;) At the very least, our registrations packages are supposed to be here in July, aren't they?

Guest missing Manitoba

Hey Brandonite,

Yeah, registration packages are due to arrive in July. Thanks for checking with the med students. I would assume there'd be some bursary support, but I'm not sure if there's anything beyond the U of M's general bursary program.

Archived