Premed 101 Forums

Got Into Ubc Ot But Waiting To Hear Back From Other Programs

Hello!

I just got my admissions offer to UBC OT which I have to accept by April 19th, but I have also applied to UBC's undergraduate med program which doesn't release decisions till May.

Does anyone know or if you've been in a similar boat, is it okay to withdraw from a graduate program after accepting the offer and accepting an undergraduate offer?

Thanks!

Hey! I am in the exact same boat. People do it all the time. Usually you need to give a deposit to secure your spot, and then you forfeit that money when you withdraw from your spot but so far I have not seen a deposit for OT (although I have only scanned it). 

Hello!

I just got my admissions offer to UBC OT which I have to accept by April 19th, but I have also applied to UBC's undergraduate med program which doesn't release decisions till May.

Does anyone know or if you've been in a similar boat, is it okay to withdraw from a graduate program after accepting the offer and accepting an undergraduate offer?

Thanks!

Oh yay that makes me feel better, I was getting super worried! Did you also apply to med?

Yah I applied to med and other OT programs that only come out in May :)

Okay cool, same I applied to some OT programs in Ontario!

I emailed ubc med to make sure it's okay to accept an offer to a graduate program. They said as long I don't start the program before Sept 2017, it's okay to withdraw!

Archived