Premed 101 Forums

application for 2004

Guest bug

Guest VwDubber

Yo grandmellonster ....

Yes, it's hard to believe that at my age, I already have two babies. However, they are completely different species. haha ... My first baby is a real human being (but I'm not a dadddy)

Gees ... sounds like everyone has a jam packed adventure filled upcoming summer except for me. Does this make me boring? :hat Maybe I should dose off on some Special K and pretend that I'm in the front line? j/k I need to hang on to all the brain cells I can :rollin

Also, has anyone else found themselves recently addicted to this forum. Sad isn't it? :o Maybe I should start an "addict's support group"

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest Blackbird15

Hey VwDubber, I know what you mean about this website becoming a bad habit... My workload's picking up, so I'll be able to drop this habit before it becomes an addiction... Say, can I start calling you VD for short? (hee! VD).

Gradmellon, for some reason, I thought you were going to Africa as a placement for your degree. My brother's girlfriend, you is in the same program as you (trying not to give away your secret identity!), went to Burkina Faso for her placement a couple of years ago... Anyway, I will be in Europe for 2-3 glorious months from mid-May to late July! It'll be awesome!

blackbird

Guest VwDubber

Blackbird,

Hey VwDubber, I know what you mean about this website becoming a bad habit... My workload's picking up, so I'll be able to drop this habit before it becomes an addiction... Say, can I start calling you VD for short? (hee! VD).

You can call me whatever you want provided that it makes me more memorable. :hat :smokin :hat :smokin :hat :smokin :eek :eek :eek :rollin

Gradmellon

I know this was a typo, but it just gave me this mental picture in my mind of a big meloooon walking down some graduation ceremony. Am I going wacko jacko or what?

Does anyone else think that we should get a "real chat" room going on this forum? Maybe I should look into this.

Lastly, I'm going to start another topic since this is going wayyyy left field in regards to what this topic was supposed to be about.

Cheers,

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest tirisa

Thanks mumfirst, dannyboy, Vdubya, Grandmellon, and anyone else, for all your kind offers to look at some essays... after the interviews are done, of course. I certainly hope to send mine off to one of you at some point.

Sounds like your mock interview sessions have been a blast too... I wish I could have popped in, but it's a bit far to just zip into TO from Kingston. However, if I had VWdubber's silver bullet... ;)

Grandmellon... you were asking about toothbrushes etc... I assume you've already approached your dentist to ask him/her for their dental contacts, eh?? Writing directly to Colgate, crest, etc, on behalf of your dentist (or having them call their contacts directly) will get you lots of supplies. My hygenist was able to get me loads of free stuff several years ago when I did some outreach work in a Northern Cree community.

Also, if you're looking for some non-medical supplies, contact Canadian Tire and other sport stores for soccer balls (deflated, of course), frisbees, etc. You'll really see the kids smile when they see a new soccer ball in their villages. :D :D

Sounds like you're going to have a truly memorable summer. Alas, I'll be working most of the time, but I do have a Family Medicine conference to attend in Slovenia, so I'm hoping to pop over to Venice for a couple of days. Should be fun.

Cheers, and best wishes to all of you on interview day!!

Tirisa

Archived