Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2017

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why today in particular, but I am feeling extremely anxious as I have learned about more people getting off the top third of the wait list. It is excellent for both all of them to get in, and for us as well for the sake of movement, but I can't help wonder when it's going to be my turn, ya know?

I think I have counted ~7 people off of the top third of the wait list that I know of so far. MDA and Notra most recently from this forum, a friend of mine, two friends of apricotjam's and two other unknown people who I have heard of from friends of mine. Granted that all of these people are different though, plus people we are unaware of getting in. So we are about half way through the top third at this point, so that's my update for today :confused: Trying to hang in there haha! ...not succeeding :P

4 minutes ago, someone12345 said:

i got mine too yesterday, have declined it.  Good luck to everyone waiting.

Thank you for letting us know, it means that another wait lister should be receiving an offer soon! Best of luck to you in your future pursuits :) 

5 hours ago, Temple10 said:

I don't know why today in particular, but I am feeling extremely anxious as I have learned about more people getting off the top third of the wait list. It is excellent for both all of them to get in, and for us as well for the sake of movement, but I can't help wonder when it's going to be my turn, ya know?

I think I have counted ~7 people off of the top third of the wait list that I know of so far. MDA and Notra most recently from this forum, a friend of mine, two friends of apricotjam's and two other unknown people who I have heard of from friends of mine. Granted that all of these people are different though, plus people we are unaware of getting in. So we are about half way through the top third at this point, so that's my update for today :confused: Trying to hang in there haha! ...not succeeding :P

Haha you are not alone in feeling this way! I've been trying to do all the math as we go along through this and I think it is slowly starting to move along so I think that the chances of the entire top third getting in are pretty good. But then again there is always the fear that this year could be the first where that doesn't happen! :( I'm trying to stay positive and keep my fingers crossed that we all get an email sooner or later. The wait sucks sooooo much, but let's all hope that it will be beyond worth it in the end!! 

36 minutes ago, Temple10 said:

Do we think there will be any offers made to the IP top third this week yet? I feel like there should be... Since I haven't heard of anything yet. Siiigh 

I think there should be too! There seems to be at least 4 of us on this forum still on the top third and potentially more that don't frequent this forum. Even if it didn't go all the way through the top third this year (which according to the stats would be strange) I would think that there would still be fewer than 4 people left on the top third. At least that's what I'm hoping :/

I think you're right Bio17. At least I've been trying to convince myself that the top third HAS to all be accepted again this year, because there is no other way to ensure all the seats are filled.

There are currently 72 members on the U of S Med Class of 2021 Facebook page. Of course not everyone is into Facebook and joining the group probably isn't everyone's top priority. But you would think that there are maybe 10 open spots for IP left based on that? Meaning everyone from the top third would again be offered a seat this year. Total speculation. But what else can I do, the fear of this year being unlike the 10 years previous is waaaay too real of a fear right now :/ :/ :/

Haha I know exactly what you mean! Yeah even with some people not having Facebook you would think there has to be at least a few more spots! Last I checked there is a max of 8 of us left on the waitlist (if the info being shared is accurate) and chances are there are at least a few who got in off the waitlist and have not been fracked by this forum. So you would think that there may be even fewer of us left. But even if there is 8 that isn't very much movement we need to get through. But what do I know haha, this wait is agonizing!

I am sure everyone in the top 1/3 and some from the middle will get in. Its only the middle of June and people always get offers into August. From what I've noticed they have only sent out IP offers on two different days so far. Also, this is just speculation, but from what I have seen they only sent out IP offers on Wednesdays and they were 2 weeks apart. So I am wondering if they are just letting declines build up and then send out offers in waves. I have personally heard of 9 IP declines, and I assume there are more than that. So I think there must be some open seats right now that they haven't sent out. I'm hoping to see some movement next week!

5 minutes ago, Agirlwithhopesanddreams said:

I am sure everyone in the top 1/3 and some from the middle will get in. Its only the middle of June and people always get offers into August. From what I've noticed they have only sent out IP offers on two different days so far. Also, this is just speculation, but from what I have seen they only sent out IP offers on Wednesdays and they were 2 weeks apart. So I am wondering if they are just letting declines build up and then send out offers in waves. I have personally heard of 9 IP declines, and I assume there are more than that. So I think there must be some open seats right now that they haven't sent out. I'm hoping to see some movement next week!

Thank you for sharing this!! Your theory for sending out the offers in waves only once every two weeks is logical in my opinion. Plus, it's comforting! It is probably easier for administration to keep track of the movement and who they are waiting for acceptance/declines from in this way. And that is great you've personally heard of so many declines. I certainly am not as connected in that way. All of this is promising!  

18 hours ago, Zuri said:

Accepted off of the IP waitlist today! The list is moving! Hope you all hear soon :)

Congrats Zuri! :) I'm glad to hear that more people are getting good news! I wonder what this means for further movement and how many of us are left on the top third. I think temple10 had counted at least 7 off of the list and with Zuri's recent acceptance that would make 8 at least. I'm thinking chances are there are at least a couple more that we don't know of. So that leaves at most 7 of us remaining in the top third. Hopefully there are at least that many spots left. I'm hoping for the best for us all that are left still waiting!! :) 

Hey everyone, I'm not sure who all is left on here, but I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are. It's been a while since I have heard of any movement happening and I am wondering if this is normal for it to slow down around this time? Also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how much more movement is typical for us to expect? 

Archived