Premed 101 Forums

Status site

Guest applicant

Guest applicant

Does anyone know when Mac's application status site is due to be up and running? It says mid-late January but I was wondering if anyone had any more information about it.

Thanks

Guest Presuming Ed

Anyone have any idea what info this site will post? Given that we have all received the pro forma notices now, and the next stage is the interview date/PFO letter phase in early March, what info could they possibly give us that would matter?!

Guest Applicant Too

FYI - it does not appear that the link to the application status site will be used now. There is a new message at the link today along the lines of - due to technical difficulties, we are unable to offer this service, we will continue to correspond with applicants via mail, sorry for any inconvenience, yada yada

Having come from a technical background, I can certainly understand how difficult it is to get these sorts of things working. Alas, we will not be able to check our status online and will just have to return to harassing our mail carriers!! Oh well, it is one less site for me to check each day (or twice a day, or three times a day, or, okay four......)

I just checked that link and the message is the same as it's always been: "will be operational in mid to late Jan." Where did you read that it will not be implemented? The status check thing is a fantastic idea...it would be really great if they got it to work. Incidentally, the only thing it would say at this point is "application in process" or something similar until interview decisions are made in late Feb.

On the Mac MD admissions website (for the past couple of days), it has:

We regret that due to technical reasons we are unable to provide the Web-based current status information service we had advertised.

We will continue to correspond with applicants through the regular mail service. Our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

BTW, this would be a good tool for all med schools to implement (I think some American schools do this already). It would save the admissions staff lots of annoying phone calls up to and around the date that decisions are sent out. I guess it's already too late for this admissions cycle, but I noticed that May 31st falls on a Friday this year, so people probably won't receive their letters until the Monday or Tuesday at the earliest -that weekend will be an agonizing one! :(

Archived