Premed 101 Forums

Interview Experience.

Guest marba78

Guest marba78

Well, I had my interview this past weekend. It was quite nerve racking to start, but the facilitators were all friendly and most of the other interviewees were nice and personable.

I'm one year removed from University and had thought I had a lot of experience and extra-cirriculars, but I was proven wrong meeting the other applicants. In my group for the discussion, I had two registered nurses, a social worker of five years, a medical student from Australia and a Masters student doing Biophysics! They were all extremely nice, which made the group work easy. However, at the same time it was very intimidating.

I just want to let everyone know that it isn't as bad as you may be expecting. The personal interview is very relaxed. I personally didn't have a single tough question pertaining to the Health Care system, ethical/moral dilemmas or challenges about my opinions.

Best of luck to all!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear that it was a good experience. I'm wishing that my interview was this past weekend - it would be nice to have it over! Good luck.

Hi marba78!

I'm happy to hear that your interview went relatively well!

Could you shed some light on the types of questions that they asked during the personal interview? Were they mostly taken from the autobio questions?

Guest marba78

Hi Kerr, I would be more than happy to share some insight. When I first walked in, I could tell that the interviewers were a very relaxed group. They were all very friendly. They handed me my autobiographical sketch and said to pick anyone of them and just talk about it. This was great as it gave me all the freedom in the world! Anyways, that started the conversation and it just seemed to flow from there for 30 minutes. The time really flew by. They didn't ask any really tough questions. Many questions about my experiences and what I had learned from them.

However, I must say that my experience was very different that what others experienced. I do know a couple of others were asked very tough ethical questions. I would guess that your very first impression really sets the tone for the interview. Just make sure that you're friendly and able to have a normal conversation.

Best of luck to everyone who has their interviews coming up. Let me know if there is anything else I could help out with.....

Archived