Premed 101 Forums

are any of the mac moderators interviewers?

Guest nicolekavita

Guest nicolekavita

Hello Everyone!

I'd just like to know if any of the moderators have been asked to be part of the interview team at Mac.

And how is this done? Does each med student volunteer their time?

Nicole

Guest gucio93

Hi Nicole!

You sign up to be a student interviewer sometime at the beginning of the school year (i.e. September-October). Any student has the opportunity to apply for the position and it's given on a first come first serve basis. I have been an interviewer last year, but cannot commit the time this year as I will be in the middle of my Internal Medicine rotation and do not know the call schedule. I also suspect that my personal time will be rather limited during that particular period. The other moderators will commet about their intentions I am sure.

Guest jmh2005

Nicole,

They have not yet told us if (and when) we are interviewing...as Gucio said, we signed up in the late fall...I'm sure we will hear soon (it would be nice to make some plans...)...they often use 1st year students as our schedule is the most predictable (and the most open, from what I'm hearing...). Most students are involved in some way...either doing the 3-on-1 interview, simulated tutorial component or hosting small groups of interviewees and giving tours (this last part involves just making you feel welcome...no evaluation component....).

Hope that helps,

J

Guest nicolekavita

Does Mac outline any "rules" for interviewers and those who observe similated tutorials? Do they tell you to look for certain qualities/ask certain types of questions etc?

Nicole

Guest Ian Wong

You know, I'm a real big fan of this website, and how it's a great venue for premed students to communicate with each other and with med students. But, I think this question is definitely crossing that delicate line between med students being helpful, and med students volunteering out admissions committee information that could really skew an applicant's chances unfairly. Your question might have been asked with good intentions, but it's just not a fair question to be asking.

I'm not particularly comfortable with this thread, nor where it could potentially go, so I'm going to lock it down.

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Archived