Premed 101 Forums

Chances of Interview/Acceptance at Mcmaster

All I know is that your chances go up if you apply.

Of course if you can do anything to meaningfully raise your GPA or increase your CARS score, that would be beneficial to your application.

Otherwise move to Alberta to apply IP and hopefully you can write a solid top 10/ABS.

5 hours ago, rooh95 said:

thank you for your suggestions. 

I am thinking of rewriting the MCAT and hopefully increasing my CARS score. Would that help? 

MAC Interview is strictly formula based 33% GPA, 33% CARS, 33% Casper.  The issue is they only interview 10% (~ 50 people) from out of province.  You would need to be in the top 50 applicants OOP to get an interview.  With a 3.4 GPA you are going to need both a super high CARS (+130) and totally kill the Casper to out-rank your OOP peers.   

On 7/7/2017 at 10:36 PM, Meridian said:

MAC Interview is strictly formula based 33% GPA, 33% CARS, 33% Casper.  The issue is they only interview 10% (~ 50 people) from out of province.  You would need to be in the top 50 applicants OOP to get an interview.  With a 3.4 GPA you are going to need both a super high CARS (+130) and totally kill the Casper to out-rank your OOP peers.   

How would you suggest I prepare for Casper? 

Archived